August 20, 2022: We have now selected all 2022-2023 Stars Scholarship recipients. We will verify enrollment for all recipients as of the 12th day of class and will process funds thereafter. Please visit our disbursement update page for info.
Candidates have accepted awards and all deadlines have passed for the following schools:
Candidates from the following schools have been confirmed, notified and award letters have been posted to accounts:
Candidates have been recommended and candidates are being reviewed for the following schools:
Stars is scoring applicants and preparing list of candidates recommendations for:
Texas Tech University HSC El Paso
St. Mary’s University – School of Law School
University of the Incarnate Word
Our Lady of the Lake University
Texas A&M University
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Del Mar College
Texas A&M University Kingsville
South Texas College
Texas Tech University
Laredo Community College
UT Health SA
St. Mary’s University
Texas State University
Texas A&M International University
University of Texas at El Paso
Texas State Technical College
Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
El Paso Community College
University of Texas – Austin
University of Texas at San Antonio
We have completed reviewing applicants and we are working with institutions on details of 22-23 agreements::
Notice to Applicants
- Lean more about “matching program schools” here
- Applicants selected as candidates will receive an email from Stars Scholarship Fund prompting them to check their Stars account.
- Once you receive this email and you log in, you will see the Award Details of the offer and have a link to a PDF of your Award Letter.
- You must download the letter, print out the Acceptance Form, sign it (hand written signature) and return it to us. Do Not Mail it back.
- Candidates have 1 week to accept the scholarship offer. Offers not accepted within the deadline are considered a forfeit of the offer and the offer will be rescinded. We will select an alternate recipient in such cases.
- Acceptance Forms must be returned via email or uploaded. Do not mail. Follow the instructions provided on award letter.
- If you received an Award offer and you need to transfer schools or make any changes, you must submit a Recipient Update Request Form.
- Candidates are not officially recipients until Stars has receives signed Acceptance Forms within the assigned deadline.
- If your school is listed below in Step 4 and you do not see a “Congratulations” notice on your status, you were not selected to receive a scholarship at this time. We do not send out regret notices. Note that if a candidate forfeits their scholarship offer, we will select an alternate recipient.
- As indicated on the signed Certification Form submitted by each application on #13, the Stars Scholarship is not guaranteed to anyone, including past recipients.