The Kazen Fellowship Program is a 4-week summer educational opportunity offered by the Laredo Division of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. The Program is based in the George P. Kazen Federal Courthouse in Laredo, with interns also spending time at the adjacent State Courthouse and attending field trips. The Program welcomes applications from students from each high school in the City of Laredo, especially students who are from low-income backgrounds or will be the first generation in their family to attend university in the United States.
Duration of Program: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm from June 3, 2024 to June 28, 2024 with mock trials and graduation on July 1, 2024.
How to Apply
- Meet with your school contact to determine if you are eligible for the program.
- If you meet eligibility, submit the online application by Friday, January 26, 2024.
- Submit your required documents by Friday, January 26, 2024.
- Your application and materials will be reviewed.
- If selected to advance in Phase 2, the Kazen Fellowship Program committee will contact you to set up an in-person interview.
- If selected in the final Phase 3, you will be asked to submit a supplemental application and additional documentation.
- An in-person orientation will be scheduled for all program participants and their parents/guardians.
Your application will be complete when the online application is submitted and you have submitted the following documents:
- Your high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from either an instructor or a counselor at your high school
- Your resume, to include your GPA as well any extracurricular activities you are involved with